Graf Wittekind Visitors' Mine



Thus the miners used to work © Annette Hudemann, LWL-Industriemuseum The visitors of the underground tour can get very dirty © Herbert Schmidt In 1997, the exhibition mine opened © Herbert Schmidt Many lines are low and narrow © Herbert Schmidt

A mining journey through time awaits visitors to Graf Wittekind. On the side of the castle hill in Dortmund-Syburg that faces away from the Ruhr, three coal mines were in operation one after the other from 1582 to approx. 1900. Gallery entrance holes and other relics still recall this area's past mining history.

The "Syburger Mining Trail" invites walkers on a search for traces of the past. Starting from the information panel at the entrance of the casino car park, the route can be walked all year round.


Payment:

Underground tours available.

For more info and booking please call:
Tel. +49 231/713696 (after 5pm)

Bergwerk, Ruhr, Bergleute, Führung, Bergbau, Syburg

Print page Add to notepad
Besucherbergwerk Graf Wittekind

44265 Dortmund

Tel.: 0231/713696 (nach 17 Uhr)

Opening times
Das Besucherbergwerk Graf Wittekind ist nur im Rahmen von Führungen zu besichtigen. An Samstagen sind Untertageführungen für Gruppen nach telefonischer Anmeldung möglich.

E-Mail
Homepage

Nearby


Anmeldung

Melden Sie sich hier an, um jederzeit aktuelle Informationen rund um die touristischen Angebote der Stadt Dortmund per E-Mail zu erhalten.


Datenschutzbestimmungen